Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Palm 680, ringtones, and Ringo application?

I downloaded the Ringo application in order to play ringtones in my Palm 680. It seems to work fine, but I'm using the 7 day free trial. I'm trying to copy ringtones to the main ringtone forlder, for when the free trial is over, I will still have the ringtones saved in the phone. Can this be done? How do I do it? Any other information on Ringo will be helpful, too. Thanks in advance.

Palm 680, ringtones, and Ringo application?
I want to recommend something else: minitones. This will allow you to put any MP3 as your ring tone. It also lets you clip the file a bit.





However, to do a better job of clipping (and so you have smaller files on the phone), I reccomend Audacity to edit your MP3s. You can really zoom in, so you get the exact start/stop points...and you can add a fade-in if you'd like.





But Audacity doesn't let you save as a MP3, so you need something like Jodix WMA to MP3 converter to do that.





All 3 items are free, and pretty easy to use. (I didn't bother looking for manuals for either one.)





With these 2 programs, you can take any song you own and turn them into your ringtones. Once you've done it once, it'll take you about 10 minutes tops to do one...depending on how careful you want to be.





Then, you synch that file to your palm. Open Minitones, and it'll find the song, and import it into the ring tone area. From there, you select it like any other tone.





enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment